Academic excellence, fostering innovation with a global perspective
To serve and have a transformative impact on society by constantly pursuing excellence in technical education, innovation and entrepreneurship for human development with strong ethical values.
- Serve and help transform society by graduating talented, broadly educated engineers, equipped with state of art technology resources for developing sustainable solutions.
- Academic excellence in Science, Engineering and Technology through dedication to duty, commitment to research, innovation in learning and faith in human values.
- Cultivate the spirit of entrepreneurship and the connection between academia and industry that fosters problem solving through collaboration
- Enable the students to develop into outstanding professionals with high ethical standards capable of creating, developing and managing global engineering enterprises.
- New campus is one of the best Technical Campuses in Navi Mumbai, with state of art facilities
- Research focused Experienced, qualified, competent and devoted faculty Effective teaching learning process, continuous assessment of student, teacher - guardian scheme
- Excellent university results. University merit position of students
- Dynamic training and placement cells - more than 75% of graduated students working in reputed firms and remaining pursuing higher education
- Strategic partnerships with various industry to offer industry focused add on training and R&D lab set-up to promote research activity
- Well-equipped labs and excellent infrastructure
- Scholarships/fee waiver for meritorious student
- Facility of Education loan with Abhudaya Cooperative Bank as per Bank's term and conditions.
- Campus if just 5 mins by bus ride and 10 mins walk from Ghansoli Station.
- College provides assistance in getting accommodation for out of city students
Our Unique Selling Proposition
- Campus: Sprawling new state of the art campus
- Incubation Center: Fully functional Incubation Center ecosystem to promote Start-ups. Already incubated 2 startups, more to come soon
- Industry- Academia Collaboration: Dedicated floor for industry sponsored labs and courses
- Advanced Labs: Robotics, Mechatronics, 3D Printing offering hands on learning training courses
- Emerging Technologies: Offer certified courses in collaboration with industry expert in AI, Blockchain and Big data and Analytics
- Placement: 100% placement assistance for qualified students
Carrying forward the legacy of more than 30 years
Established in 1993, Smt. Indira Gandhi College of Engineering (SIGCE), managed by Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Education Science and Technological Research Trust, Nanded, remains committed to world class technology-focused education.
SIGCE is an extension of the legacy of 30-plus years of the trust, which runs various schools, colleges, technical and agriculture institutes and research centers in and around Maharashtra.
Fostering a startup and innovation ecosystem
India is regarded as the third-largest tech startup hotspot in the world, as per reports by NASSCOM and global management consultant, Zinnov. It is anticipated that the growth is expected to more than double by 2020 with about 11,000 new startups.
The country's education system is also focusing toward entrepreneurship, with college curriculums being shaped in such a way to promote out-of-the-box thinking in product development and marketing.
In this regard, Smt. Indira Gandhi College of Engineering (SIGCE) established in 1993, is making a world of difference by building a strong ecosystem for startups by training its students to take a lead in innovation and disruption at its newly-minted state-of-the-art campus at Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai. In fact, Sunil Jadhav, Managing Trustee of SIGCE, who is graduate of BITS Pilani and New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA and has 2 decades of experience working in Wall Street firms in New York, mentions that the vision of the engineering college is to be an incubation hub of Navi Mumbai and provide an ideal ecosystem for startups, which is need of the day.
The sprawling 1,20,000 sq ft campus of SIGCE has a contemporary architecture which houses state-of-the-art and certified laboratories, incubation center and a well-stocked library. These facilities are designed in collaboration with various MNCs for integrated and industry-focused training. In fact, the seventh floor is dedicated for industries to set-up lab for industry-academia collaboration and practical training. Ghansoli in Navi Mumbai, has a strategic location advantage and is in proximity to Reliance Jio headquarters and Thane-Belapur Industrial Corridor.
SIGCE, which is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and approved by AICTE, offers Bachelor of Engineering courses: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
The research-focused experienced faculty introduces effective teaching and learning process by training students in emerging technologies like Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Big Data Analytics, IoT, among others in collaboration with industry and professional organizations. The technical institute has entered into strategic partnerships with various industries to offer industry-focused add-on training and R&D lab set-up to promote research activity.
Dynamic training and placement cells: While offering 100% placement assistance, more than 75% of graduated students are working in various reputed firms and a few remaining students are also pursuing higher education.
Alumni set the benchmark: Some of the distinguished alumni are working in large MNCs such as Citibank, Microsoft, PayTM, Reliance, TCS at quite senior levels. Moreover, a few students have turned into entrepreneurs employing hundreds of work-force.
In its 25th year, the engineering college is managed by Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Education, Science and Technological Research Trust, Nanded, under the dynamic leadership of Honorable V M Jadhav, former Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha).