Smt. Indira Gandhi College of Engineering, Navi Mumbai
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Organized Two days’ Workshop on AI and Deep Learning
16th and 17th March 2019
Pre-requisite: Workshop Lab Material with Azure Notebooks
Our workshop notebooks based on Tensorflow and Keras can be practiced using free online platform Azure Notebooks.
- Account creation: To get started with Azure notebooks you have to log-in to https://notebooks.azure.com/ using the Microsoft account. If you have an existing Microsoft account you can use it for logging in to Azure Notebooks. Otherwise you can create a Microsoft account in https://account.microsoft.com/account
- Getting started with Azure Notebook: After logging-in, you can click on “Library” tab to go into your library where you can “Add a new Library”. After creating a library, you can add new file which can be Notebooks of Python, R or F#.
- Using Existing Repos: If you have the URL of some existing repositories, you can clone them into your library. For example the below library can be cloned by visiting the URL. https://notebooks.azure.com/jakevdp/libraries/pythondatasciencehandbook
After visiting the URL, you can press “Clone” to copy the entire folder/repository into your library. Then any modification can be done by opening, editing and running those .ipynb notebooks.
- Our Notebooks: During the time of workshop, we will share links to our notebook repository for your practice.
Workshop Lab Material with Anaconda Python in your Laptop/PC (Optional), If you cannot use Azure Notebook services during the workshop, our same lab material can be used by installing Anaconda Python and necessary packages.
Anaconda 5.1 -
Python Version 3.6 You can Download it from the link freely from the given link.
numpy, pandas, sklearn, nltk, tensorflow, keras and for plotting matplotlib
Installation of Packages:
- For installing the above mentioned python packages please follow the procedure mentioned below.
- For installing new packages, system must be connected through internet.
- Press start in windows and search for "Anaconda Prompt". When you will click on the application, a prompt window will be open,wait for few seconds.
- You can check/ install any package in Anaconda Python by..
pip install package_name
pip install numpyand press Enter key after typing these commands.
If you are installing numpy like this, it will give requirement already satisfied message on the prompt. That means package is already installed in the anaconda python.