INSTRUMENTATION COURSE started in 1993. The department is well established and number of post-graduates & well experienced faculty member in the Dept.
Departmental laboratories are spacious and adequately equipped. Labs are being upgraded continuously with latest state of art equipments. It organizes Industrial visits for practical knowledge of students. It sponsors the staff members for higher studies and Research work. It has started ISA STUDENT CHAPTER to avail the benefits of advanced course material and information to upgrade the students to current trends and technologies in industry.
Instrumentation Engineering means the applications of measurement and control for Process equipments. Design of instruments and their applications are two inherent aspects in Instrumentation. Further, installation, commissioning and maintenance of Instrumentation systems are integral part of Instrumentation Engineering. Instrumentation Engineers are the lead persons for Automation and Control.
The competition due to globalization has resulted in better process control, optimum utilization of resources & higher level of automation in all industry sectors. The demand for automation is increasing day by day. To face these challenges, competent Instrumentation and control engineers are required. A highly interdisciplinary branch covers major aspects of chemical, Electronics, mechanical and electrical fundamentals.
Tools required for the automation e.g. DCS, PLC, SCADA, Sensors, Controllers are covered under the curriculum of Instrumentation Engineering. Instrumentation includes electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic instrumentation systems as well will be studied. Computerized controls are used at a very large scale in process industries, refineries, petrochemical industries and many more. Biomedical Instrumentation is also an important subject in instrumentation.
To create competent, employable instrumentation engineers with ethical values
- To deliver outcome based Quality education.
- To cultivate culture of analyzing multidisciplinary problems and provide solution.
- To develop automation professionals to cater industrial needs with ethical values.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- To Provide foundation for graduates to apply concepts of mathematics, science and computing in Instrumentation Engineering.
- To equip the graduates to have a successful career in designing, manufacturing, service and maintenance to meet industrial needs.
- To enhance effective communication and manage resources as members and
leaders of the professional teams.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES:
Graduates will be able to:
- Analyze, Design, testing, installation and maintenance of Instrumentation and automation systems for industrial applications.
- Analyze and develop project documentation and execution methods.
- Use software for designing, controlling and simulation of industrial process Applications.