The ELECTRICAL COURSE started in 1996, The department is well established with good number of post-graduates & well experienced faculty member in the Dept.
Departmental laboratories are spacious and adequately equipped. Department is conducting Industrial visit & technical seminars from time to time to upgrade the knowledge of students and staffs. Also the department is sponsoring the staff members for higher studies and Research work. Department has good co-ordination between staff and students.
Most of the branches like Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Applied Electronics, Electronics and Instrumentation, Information Technology have been emerged as a specialization from Electrical Engineering.
The major thrust in this course is related to the basic principles and detailed analysis of different types of equipments and systems for generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of Electrical Energy. The course also covers the study of electronic devices and circuits involved in measurement, instrumentation, control and protection of electrical equipments and conversion systems. Concept of computer and recent applications of computer based systems in design, analysis and efficient operation of power system, maintaining quality and security also included in the course.
To mould socially committed, ethical and competent electrical engineers
- To provide conducive Environment for teaching & learning.
- To provide educational programs for improvement in academics and ethics
- To motivate students for participation in social and industrial activities
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- To train the students to indentify, comprehend and solve the problems with creative and critical reasoning skills.
- Be a practicing Engineer in Design, research, testing and manufacturing areas of Electrical engineering.
- To demonstrate leadership skill at workplace and act professionally in competitive world.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES:
Graduates will be able to:
- Understand the concept and application of Electrical machines, power systems and control system.
- Assess the performance of Electrical system to maintain it’s functioning.
- Aspire to work in team to execute engineering activities in society.