Electronics and Telecommunication engineering [UG] course started in 1993. The department is well established and having well qualified and experienced staff members.
The students learn mainly about the characteristics and operation of various electronic components like diodes, transistor, BJT, FET, MoSFET, UJT, Op-Amp, thyristor, Various Digital and AnalogICs etc. Also they learn about PCB design and troubleshooting is various electronic systems like T.V, industrial Controllers, and Microprocessor etc.
They learn about the programming Assembly level languages in Microprocessor and Microcontrollers, which are in more demand due the compact embedded systems. They also learn about the technologies of the 21st century like Mobile Communication, Wireless Network, Satellite Communication, Computer Communication Network, Microwave Engg. etc. They also learn about the different antennas and the towers installation as well the fixed and wireless communication switching centers installation and their setup. They even study about Robotics and Industrial automation, Control and Measurement.
Every year we are organizing Industrial visits, Technical seminars and Technical festivals (Robotics, Paper presentation, LAN gaming, Hardware design etc.) to upgrade knowledge of students and staff members. Department is also motivating and sponsoring our staff members and students for attending workshops and seminars to various Institutes. Also department is sponsoring the staff members for higher studies and research work. Every year we are organizing farewell, alumni meet, sports and cultural functions. Students of our department are doing their project in house & various industries. Our students score very good RANK in Mumbai University exams and no. of students placed in MNC's. Also no. of students getting scholarships from various trusts. Department having very good co-ordination between students and staff members.
To create Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers equipped with employable skills.
- To provide the environment to improve technical skills.
- To encourage the students for collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
- To equip the students with engineering proficiency which enables them to work in ethical & professional manner.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- To design, analyze & synthesize electronic & communication circuits to choose the career path in electronics & Telecommunication field.
- To demonstrate the personal growth by successfully pursuing higher education.
- To empower the engineers with the knowledge of management, teamwork, soft skills & ethics through internship & projects
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES:
- Designing & Problem Identification - Graduate will able to design a electronics &communication system; synthesize & analyze it towards finding the solution.
- Electronics &Telecommunication knowledge –Graduate will apply the knowledge of Electronics, Communication & Networking towards the betterment of society.